Monday, July 28, 2014

Thursday

Thursday
Written by: Dave DeRose

Blast and jar of the alarm
Pull myself out of bed arm by arm
With a churning in my gut
I wish my eyes could return to shut

Prepare for the day by
Shower, teeth, deodorant, tie
Ironed khakis fall into my crunched car
Drive to where I feel sub par

Chalk, dust, computer beam
With desire to help kids dream
Students faces filled with hope
Still can't help but feel like a dope

Unwanted I feel
Society doth peel
My dignity, educational and professional ability
Society's lack of respect stripped me to humility

Dreams I had
Of differences made iron clad
I only found
My efforts unbound

Only by God's grace
Will I keep pace
With sound focus
To give students a solid locus

My vocation isn’t popular
To see impact I need more than binocular
Yet, my need to understand remains
Unnecessary, God explains

His capacity to love
His gifts of Grace drove
The meaning of my calling,
to keep students from falling

To Him I give Thanks
For filling my blanks
For giving me purpose and vision
My work decreases humanities division

Allow me an inference
Thanks to God, I make a difference
I have a newfound meaning
To make future lives gleaming

No comments:

Post a Comment